Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Tokyo Radiation Levels as of May 2019

Hey it's been a long time. Because of Facebook and other social media my blogs became tweets and comments, so I have been absent. Now from time to time I have been caught or shown that I was posting false or unreliable information. Usually it is out of me sharing what others posted without checking the source. This latest information was someone else's research. The information was not accurate. I wanted to redeem my miss-information posting by showing other graphics of radiation levels. These graphics are what got my heart racing to post in hurry without checking the source.

 "A NEW CHART" from someone I respect and love who works with the government in our city who had posted a new graphic highlighting the levels of radiation in Japan. The Chart was quite shocking to see. The person posting was also sharing from another whom she respected and expressed her dismay at the graphic.

The problem is the graphic. With skill someone can make graphics appear dire and bleak. This one was grave. But then someone digs a little and the message comes gentle saying "You might want to check the source." So I do and find the conspiracy theorists were at it again.

They got me by eye candy. The activist who made the graph spends all his time uncovering the scandals and had compiled this graphic and listed it as more accurate and reliable. Now when
you compare it side by side with the government readings you find a more drastic difference. Who is right? Can you trust the government? I would like to think the Gov would be more reliable than the conspiracy

Other Countries are taking issue with the whole thing and opting to not import goods that come from "so-called" affected areas. Take Korea and the recent WTO ruling that S. Korea had the right to refuse to import goods from areas they deem unfit for their people. I don't think that's a bad thing. If I believed the lady in front of me with the sick runny nose kid sneezed on the produce. I will opt to go buy produce from somewhere else.

 Another cool graphic showing the soil samples. It's source below graphic is PINAS. Who? I tried to search it out. It's someones name or a city in the Philippines or a group of some kind. So we need, (I NEED) to be careful when we see these graphics and take them with a grain of salt and realize like the dinosaur pictures and the evolutionary pictures that are CREATED BY AN ARTIST we must receive in objectivity. In college they have graphic design arts classes. They are fun and you can make anything say what you want it to say.

Below is the graphic made by the government collecting the radiation readings from schools all over Tokyo. They are clean and clear as far as the air. This was made from daily readings and is a current display.

So in all of this mayhem. Tokyo is a safe place to visit and live and have your Sushi. But do keep an open mind and wait. Just remember that cool graphics don't always paint the most accurate picture. They also can mislead us. And above all just remember to keep calm and carry on.

A Bible verse that should of helped me. But alas my words were not few but rash.


No comments:

Post a Comment